This Action Plan is hereby formulated for the purposes of deeply implementing the important instruction for Beijing and other mega cities on strengthening the pioneering business environment reform made by Secretary General Xi Jinping and related decisions and arrangements of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China and the State Council, to continuously stimulate the market’s vitality and social creativity and put first the creation of a stable, fair, transparent and predictable business environment based on previously optimized business environments in past reforms through keeping in line with world-class standards, deepening reform and making long-term efforts.
I. General Requirements
i. Guiding Philosophy
Fully implement the gist of the 19th National Congress of the Communist Party of China, guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, uphold new development concepts, firmly grasp strategic positioning of the capital city, and make full use of the advantages of technological innovation and talent. Enhance the sense of fulfillment of the enterprises and people as the starting point based on the rule of law, internationalization and facilitation; focus on the acceleration of constructing a service-oriented and smart government; and take innovation-driven development and further opening up of the service industry as the breakthrough; so as to consolidate the improvement of existing advantages and fully make up for the insufficiency and weakness, make solid progress in the “Four Demonstration Projects in Doing Business” (i.e., Beijing efficiency, Beijing service, Beijing standard and Beijing integrity), and jointly build the whole life-circle enterprise service system. As a result, develop Beijing into a world-leading business environment highland and comprehensively promote the high-quality development of Beijing.
ii. Working Principles
We will adhere to people-oriented thought. Take the sense of fulfillment of enterprises and people as the only standard for measuring work performance and effectiveness. In the reform, stand in enterprises’ shoes, transform general thinking from “what should we do” to “what enterprises and people want us to do”, emphasize corporate experience, re-design the approval process, formulate new supportive policies and create a business environment featuring the minimized approval requirements, the optimized processes, highest efficiency, best services, and maximal enterprise fulfillment.
Adhere to reform and innovation. Uphold the enterprising and pioneering spirit by daring to try and be the first. Strive to surmount deep-seated problems and break the blockades of vested interests. Accelerate the establishment and improvement of institutional mechanisms and systems that are conducive to the vitality of market players to create a sound environment for the enterprises to participate in Beijing’s development, and continuously create and accumulate experience in order to further optimize the business environment.
Adhere to the principle of solving problems. Target the painful points, difficult points and setbacks that occur in the whole process of business establishment, operation and development, accurately implement comprehensive measures and policies, adhere to market-oriented development with government guidance, expedite the construction of service-oriented government, make efforts in improving the professional and international development of intermediate agencies, mobilize nation-wide social forces and push ahead with a new landscape of optimizing the business environment in Beijing.
Adhere to top standards. Actively adopt international advanced concepts, leading standards and best practices, further ease market access and create a more attractive investment and trading environment. Further improve the internationalization of related systems and rules, continuously improve international competitiveness and development capabilities through opening up and strive to act as a “vanguard” in constructing a new open economic system.
iii. Work Framework
Under the technological support based on smart government service system consisting of “six unifications”, strengthen the construction of a law-based and service-oriented government, push ahead with the big data action plan, focus on constructing the “Four Demonstration Projects in Doing Business” (i.e. Beijing efficiency, Beijing service, Beijing standard and Beijing integrity) and make efforts in building brand influence and driving development throughout the whole country.
“Six unifications” smart service system. Streamline approval services featuring “immediate service, online service, nearby service and one-off service”, provide flat, simple and smart approval services, achieve the interconnectivity and data sharing of government information, strengthen the interim and ex-post legal supervision and credit supervision, and comprehensively optimize and improve enterprises and business experience in getting things done through constructing a unified municipal credit information platform, unified online and offline government service hall, unified corporate service and major project platform, unified corporate legal person service cards, unified investment project codes and government service standards.
“Beijing Efficiency” Demonstrative Program. Strengthen the top-level plan of smart government affairs, deeply implement the reform of “streamlining administration, delegating powers, improving regulation, and strengthening services, take the administrative approval matters under the technological standard category as the focus, adopt the principle that one matter is only approved by one department at most once, further cancel the approval items, redesign the approval process, reduce the approval time, create a unified approval service model featuring relaxed approval requirements, fast processing, stringent regulation, convenience and transparency, provide better services for businesses and people in shortest time, with fastest speed and most effective regulation, and fully showcase the world’s leading “Beijing Efficiency”.
“Beijing Services” Demonstrative Program. Firmly establish the awareness of providing good services for corporates, optimize and improve service experience throughout the whole reform process, systematically solve the “last mile” problems reported by enterprises and the work ethic problems, guide municipal officials to sincerely serve enterprises, respond to every request, not to disturb applicants if not necessary, honestly work with entrepreneurs and fully present a new type of “close” and “clean” relationship between the government and businesses.
“Beijing Standard” Demonstrative Program. In order to promote the modernization of governance capacity and governance system of mega cities, based on the fair, impartial, open, and transparent principles through actively exploring and widely soliciting opinions, establish the industrial development standards, urban planning standards, technological service standards and market regulation standards that align with capital urban strategic positioning and reflect the requirements of high-quality development in the new era. Encourage enterprises to develop advanced standards both at home and abroad, strengthen the authoritative, serious and operable standards and fully demonstrate “Beijing Standard” which can be replicated and popularized.
“Beijing Integrity” Demonstrative Program. Focus on the market regulation mechanism based on corporate credit, expedite the collection and release of government and corporate information, implement the “personal credit score” program, and promote the wide application of credit information in market access, public services, tourist travel, business startup, job seeking and other areas. Launch “credit +” pilot project and provide such facilitation measures as “acceptance notwithstanding temporary lack of some documents” and “green passage” for those of good faith. Improve the blacklist system, and establish the punishment system so that those dishonest in one area shall be restricted everywhere and let law-breakers and dishonest persons pay a heavy cost. Guide enterprises and individuals to develop businesses and their careers with integrity and fully demonstrate the exemplary role of “Beijing Integrity”.
iv. Work Objectives
By the end of 2018, the business environment in Beijing will be greatly improved and the framework of “Six unifications” smart government service systems will be completed. Over 80% of municipal government service matters will be done by using “online direct handling” services. The reform has made breakthroughs in such areas as starting a business, applying for a construction permit, trading across borders, getting electricity and real estate registration. The “Four Demonstration Projects in Doing Business” will be launched. Beijing is a leader in improving the business environment throughout the whole country.
By the end of 2019, the business environment in Beijing will be greatly improved in the aspect of rule of law, internationalization and facilitation. The framework of “Six unifications” smart government service systems will take shape. Over 90% of municipal government service matters will be handled by “online direct handling” services. The reform has made breakthroughs in such areas as starting a business, applying for the construction permit, trading across borders, getting electricity and real estate registration. The roll out of the “Four Demonstration Projects in Doing Business” will be expedited. Beijing leads in the improved business environment throughout the whole country.
By the end of 2020, the business environment in Beijing will be greatly improved in terms of rule of law, internationalization and facilitation. The “Six unifications” smart government service systems will be established in an all-round way. All government matters at the municipal and district levels will be done by using “online direct handling” services. Services such as starting a business, applying for a construction permit, trading across borders, getting electricity and real estate registration will be greatly improved. The “Four Demonstrative Programs of the Business Environment” exert a wide range of influence, further playing its demonstrative and guiding role throughout the whole country.
II. Main Tasks
i. Create a more convenient government environment
1. Greatly improve investment approval service efficiency. (1) Deeply implement the pilot reform of approval for the construction investment projects under the public service category and include the pilot experience in a nationally unified approval management system for investment projects. (2) Largely reduce the preliminary approval matters and links for investment projects. Improve the scientific planning preparation mechanism for detailed “integration of multiple plans to one” and explore to replace the examination one by one with “the same examination shared by regional plans”. In principle, one matter is approved by only one department at most once. We will implement the commitment system for corporate projects through the government departments formulating technological standards and gradually cancel out the need for administrative approval, to comprehensively improve the efficiency of construction permit approval. (3) Optimize and upgrade Beijing online approval and regulation platform for investment projects, improve the interconnectivity in an all-round way, formulate the management measures, integrate the collaborative platform of “integration of multiple plans to one”, the joint examination platform for construction drawings, the joint inspection platform and the real estate registration system, and realize “one network” for the approval of investment projects. (4) Fully apply the unified investment project codes to such links as joint survey, joint drawing examination, joint mapping, joint inspection and real estate registration. Serve investment projects throughout their entire life cycle. (5) Expedite the construction of online service platforms in the real estate sector, strengthen interconnectivity of real estate trading, tax payment and real estate registration systems and data sharing, transform the approval services from “physical polymerization” to “chemical synthesis” and reduce the length of the real estate registration time to one to four days. Integrate the geographic information system and the real estate registration system. The unified real estate number is applied in real estate registration, cadastral surveying and mapping. Increase information transparency of real estate registration and other related areas. Formulate the rules for real estate information enquiry. Make information available for public enquiry such as real estate natural condition, disposal restriction and land ownership dispute cases. Promote unified registration of various ownerships, such as forest rights and homestead use rights. (Responsible Organizations: Approval Reform Office of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Commission of City Planning and Land Resources Management, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, Government Affairs Service Office of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Tax Service, State Administration of Taxation, the Higher People's Court of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Commission of Rural Affairs)
2. Deepen the reform of commercial systems. (1) Improve the efficiency of starting a business. The time for starting a business will be reduced to within three days by the end of 2018 and within two days by the end of 2020. (2) Improve “e-window” system function, enabling online collection of invoices, “five different types of insurance, plus one mandatory housing fund” registration and other business and further integrate application links. Also, allow applying businesses to make appointments to open bank accounts. (3) Implement unified enterprise legal person service cards, cancel the enterprise key at various departments, and make the enterprise legal person service card as the only pass for enterprises to handle affairs. (4) Continuously deepen the reform of “Separating Permits from Business Licenses” and “Integrating Certificates into One”. Further integrate various certificates of information collection, record, disclosure, management and archive for future reference into the business license after the “separating permits from business licenses” reform and implement “integrating certificates into one and “One License, One Code”. (5) Explore “One License and Multiple Addresses” among some consumer services enterprises in six districts and the Beijing city sub-center. (6) Further simplify the cancellation of registration work, explore the optimization of enterprise cancellation process, implement and promote pilot whole-process electronic enterprise cancellation. (7) Expedite the promotion of mutual recognition of e-business licenses, promote the use of e-seals and expand the usage of e-invoices. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, Approval Reform Office of Beijing Municipality, the People’s Bank of China Beijing Operations Office, Beijing Municipal Tax Service, State Administration of Taxation, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, Beijing Public Housing Provident Fund Management Center, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology and the party committees and governments of six city districts and Tongzhou District)
3. Promote government service of “one window, online direct handling” throughout the city. (1) Establish the unified government service hall integrating online and offline services, promote the collaboration, integrated services and information sharing among the districts and government departments, and transfer the matter handling from “the departments” to “the government” for enterprises and people. (2) Integrate departmental service windows to a comprehensive window, fully implement a model of “comprehensive acceptance by the front desk, classified approval by the background, and unified issuance of permits by the windows” and fully implement the “one window” service throughout the whole city. Establish a highly competent and professional integrated window personnel team. Actively improve the window service through market-oriented measures and assessment measures. (3) Expedite the implementation of “one network”, integrate decentralized and separate government service information systems to the unified government service network and cloud. Achieve “online direct handling” in Beijing. Build an online safety protection system, fully achieve reliable exchanges and safe sharing of government information across departments, regions and levels to make information available publicly as per laws and regulations. (4) Optimize the setting of approval departments and offices, promote qualified approval departments to station into the government service center through establishing the approval office with integrated approval functions. Actively carry out the pilot reform on comparably centralized administrative permits at the Beijing Economic and Technological Development Zone, explore the establishment of an administrative approval agency and adopt “one seal for approval”. (5) Clean up administrative approval intermediary agency services, better regulate agency service matters reserved for the management and authorize the government service network to develop online trading platforms for agency services. The service agencies will be stationed featuring “Zero Threshold, Zero Restraint” to realize online exhibition, online bidding, online bid winning, online evaluation and implement the “whole-process assisting system”. (Responsible Organizations: Approval Reform Office of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Government Service Office, Municipal Economic and Information Technology Commission, the Administrative Committee of Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
4. Standardize government service standards. (1) Integrate the list of rights and list of responsibilities to create the “Two Lists in One Table” as per the requirements of holding accountabilities. Establish and improve the long-term mechanism of accreditation, draft the catalogue of the third batch of certificate cancellation in Beijing and draft the catalogue of temporarily reserved certificates. Dynamically adjust the accreditation list for vocational qualification permits. (2) Formulate municipality-wide unified standards for government services, application guides, manual and application documents. All unclear and miscellaneous clauses shall be eliminated. Establish and improve intuitively and easily understood charts to illustrate the approval process. The same matter under the same conditions shall be processed without differences throughout the whole city. (3) Further integrate government service hotlines and gradually realize “one service line” as per the principles of “providing convenient services and integrating processes as much as possible”. (4) Establish the “dual-platform” working mechanism for corporate services and major projects, improve corporate development and create a project implementation information database throughout the whole city. Establish integrated development service chain in the whole life cycle combining policy support, factor allocation, coordination, and high quality services. Innovate investment introduction and enterprise services, effectively solve major problems that hamper enterprise development and project implementation and provide considerate services for an enterprise’s development and project implementation in Beijing. (Responsible Organizations: Approval Reform Office of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Government Affairs Service Office of Beijing Municipality, Office of Complaints by Letters and Visits and Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform)
ii. Create a more open investment and trading environment
5. Further easing market access. (1) Actively carry out a new round of expanding the comprehensive pilot project for the service sector opening-up in Beijing, formulate the pilot work plan, expedite the implementation of nationwide financial industry opening-up policies, push opening-up in the service sector to a higher level and further improve the quality and standard of foreign-capital utilization. (2) Implement the administration mode of "pre-establishment national treatment plus negative list” for all foreign investments, adhere to the expansion of opening-up based on “Four Centers” strategic positioning and continuously reduce the negative list in the service industry. Focus on pushing ahead with opening-up the culture and entertainment industry to build Beijing into a cultural center. Emphasize the construction of international exchange centers and promote the internationalization of commercial service industries and the aviation transport industry. Around the construction of technological innovation center, focus on further expanding the opening-up of innovative elements and high-end value chain in such areas as finance and information. (Responsible Organizations: Commercial Committee of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Culture, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, Civil Affairs Bureau, Municipal Judicial Bureau, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Municipal Tourism Commission, Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, Municipal Bureau of Financial Work, Municipal Economic and Information Technology Commission, Beijing Municipal Commission of Science, Beijing Municipal Administration of Quality and Technology Supervision and Municipal Bureau of Intellectual Property Rights and related departments)
6. Effectively expand private investments. (1) Fully review and cancel the “revolving door” and “swing door” policies that hamper non-governmental capitals from entering non-basic public services and affordable housing sector and refine the to-do list aimed at solving “the last mile” problem. (2) Formulate suitable access and incentive policies in such areas as land supply, regional development and major projects in line with the characteristics of private investments and effectively improve the market competitiveness of non-governmental capitals. (3) Fully mobilize the morale of private enterprises, support the development of a mixed ownership economy and actively promote the mixed ownership reform of operating businesses for state-owned enterprises. (4) In accordance with the work mechanism of “discovering, planning & reserving, revitalizing, reviewing and accelerating to promote one batch of demonstrative projects”, gradually introduce a series of demonstrative projects targeted at non-governmental capitals and meeting the industrial orientation that is conducive for transformation and upgrading. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Commission of City Planning and Land Resources Management, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, Municipal Major Project Office, Municipal Investment Promotion Bureau, Beijing Municipal Committee of Education, Municipal Medical Reform Office, Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau and Municipal State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission)
7. Strengthen bidding reform. (1) Implement related national bidding policies, significantly reduce the scope of mandatory bidding, improve necessary standards for the projects subject to tender. In principle, the social investment projects are decided by enterprises themselves whether to accept a bid invitation or not so as to release investment vitality. (2) Establish the integrated public resource trading service platform throughout the city, comprehensively review and regulate guidelines and business process of various sectors, fields and regional public resource trading systems. (3) Further reduce the bidding transaction costs. The public resource trading platforms that are established by related government departments or public institutions shall exempt the construction projects from any bidding service fees. (4) Fully implement electronic bidding and bid tendering, expand the applicable scope of e-trading platforms and effectively reduce enterprise trading costs. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
8. Continuously improve trade facilitation. (1) Formulate and implement a three-year action plan for Beijing to promote the “Belt and Road” initiative, fully play the role of “four platforms” (i.e. foreign exchange, people-to-people and cultural exchanges, technological support and service support) and support qualified and competent enterprises to actively and stably carry out overseas investment activities. (2) Deepen the reform of customs clearance integration, expedite deep integration of customs inspection and customs clearance and unify declaration documents, operating systems, risk analysis, order issuance and onsite law-enforcement. (3) Upgrade the “single window” mechanism of Beijing international trade, expand the business scope to such areas as bonded and service trade and cover the declaration of all major businesses by 2020. Push ahead with paperless operation in such links as ship departure and arrival, port operation, cargo customs clearance and electronic management of certificates in trade areas. Completely cancel the inbound and outbound goods customs clearance forms and simplify clearance procedure. Improve sample inspection regulations and reduce the sample ratio of low-risk goods and highly creditable enterprises. The average export inspection ratio should be controlled within 2% in the whole year. (4) Gradually expand the applicable scope of “Consolidated Tax Collection, Self-Declaration and Payment” and innovate the management model of “prior declaration, integrated inspection and permit through after reviewing the form”. (5) Regulate the port charges at the Beijing Capital International Airport, further increase the proportion of self-service customs clearance and provide convenient and fast services to entry-exit travelers. Establish the imported drugs inspection center at the Tianzhu Comprehensive Bonded Zone and optimize customs clearance for legally imported drugs. (6) Improve the Beijing-Tianjin joint work mechanism. Coordinate with the Tianjin port on taking special rectification campaign by cutting expenses and increasing efficiency. Improve the “one-stop reasonable price” list, comprehensively optimize port operation and customs business processes, focus on building national “smart port” demonstrative projects and providing leading services across the country. (Responsible Organizations: Commercial Committee of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Municipal Food and Drug Administration, Port Office of Beijing Municipal Government, Beijing General Station of Immigration Inspection, Beijing Capital Airport Corporation, Tianzhu Comprehensive Bonded Zone Administration Committee)
iii. Create a more favorable innovation and entrepreneurial environment
9. Comprehensively improve the carrying capacity and competitiveness of scientific and technological innovation. (1) Improve the supportive policies for the development of high-end, precision and sophisticated industries. Closely adhere to the guiding opinions of “10+3” to help develop the high-tech industries, formulate specific supporting measures, get through the “last mile” for policy implementation and give full play to the integrated effect of policies. (2) Expedite the construction of smart cities in “three science parks plus one area”. Uphold international and open development concepts, establish national network service platform for the National Science and Technology Innovation Center, strengthen the application of information technologies such as Internet of Things (IoT) and big data, apply smart elements to every detail of park construction and operation, prioritize pilot projects such as smart transport, smart administration, smart community and smart energy, so as to comprehensively improve the smart development of the “three science parks plus one area”. (3) Expand the space for innovation and entrepreneurship. Expedite the construction of innovation and entrepreneurship carriers, promote the establishment of world-leading innovation and entrepreneurship service organizations and world-known incubators and create world-leading technological incubation chain covering the whole process. Establish a batch of urban innovation complexes in Beijing, create an innovation ecosystem that integrates innovation service, business, residence and living facilities in line with the individual customized needs of innovators. (4) Transform technological achievements into institutional innovations. Complete the legislation of promoting technological result and achievement transfer. Establish the unified coordination and service platform for technological achievement transfer and expedite the transfer of technological achievements. Explore the role of the Beijing Technological Innovation Fund, establish and improve the guiding and operating mechanisms of various innovative industry funds and support high-end “hard technology” innovation such as original innovation, technology conversion and high-end, precision and sophisticated industries on a priority basis. Increase the incentive measures rewarding scientific research personnel to transfer their technological achievements and fully improve the conversion ratio of technological achievements. Improve the supporting policies for the first unit (set) major technological equipment demonstrative application at Zhongguancun and actively promote the demonstrative application of new technology and new products. (Responsible Organizations: Legislative Affairs Office of the Standing Committee of Beijing Municipal People’s Congress, Municipal Commission of Science, Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology, Beijing Municipal Commission of Planning and Land Resources, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform Municipality, Commercial Committee of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Financial Bureau, Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, Beijing Municipal Commission of Education, Beijing Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, Beijing Municipal Finance Bureau, Beijing Municipal Office of Cultural Assets, The Legal Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun and Beijing Economic and Technological Development Zone Administration Committee, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
10. Provide high-quality service for innovative talent. (1) Ensuring “household registration” to help introduce new talent. Facilitate the “green pass” in order to secure excellent talents, deeply implement the convenient entry-exit policy for expatriates, optimize the settlement services for overseas returned students, further innovate policy support for talent introduction in “three science parks plus one area” and sub-center. (2) Strengthen the affordable housing supply for talent. Uphold the principles of “emphasizing both house purchase and lease, based on lease, integrating industry and city, and balancing housing and job supply”, source houses nearby to meet talents’ housing needs in the areas gathering employed and entrepreneurship talents based on public rental houses along with the supply of houses under joint ownership. (3) Optimize supporting living services for talents. Expedite the setting of high-quality education and medical resources in areas gathering talent such as the “three science parks plus one area” as well as in major industrial zones, reasonably arrange a batch of high-end educational institutions and medical institutions in line with international standards, open a “green pass” in support of expatriates’ children to receive education and be covered in international insurance services. (4) Stimulate the vitality of talent and promote talent assessment reform by categories and delegate the rights to award professional titles to enterprises and research institutions. Expedite the construction of the Zhongguancun pilot zone for talent management reform. (5) Deeply push ahead with the construction of Beijing international talent communities. Deepen the pilot construction of international talent communities at Wangjing, Chaoyang, Zhongguancun Street, the Future Science Town and the new Shougang comprehensive high-end industrial zone. Expand the pilot scope to Beijing Economic and Technological Development Zone, Tongzhou District, Shunyi District and Huairou District at the appropriate time, create a “quasi overseas” environment that is suitable for international high-end talents to realize their innovative development by providing a harmonious living environment. (6) Improve human resource market supervision and service mechanism, formulate the detailed implementation rules for public employment services, establish the service platform offering “Internet + employment and entrepreneurship” services and improve the quality and efficiency of public employment services. (Responsible Organizations: The Organizational Department of the CPC Beijing Municipal Committee, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Municipal Commission of Science, Municipal Planning and Land Resources Committee, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Financial Work, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Financial Bureau, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, Beijing Municipal Committee of Education, Beijing Municipal Health and Family Planning Commission, Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun and Beijing Economic and Technological Development Zone Administration Committee, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
11. Deepen tax reduction and tax payment facilitation reform. (1) Fully implement various national tax and expense reduction policies, lower the upper limits of the employment security fund for people with disabilities, raise the taxable amount of income of micro and small enterprises entitled to a 50% tax reduction from RMB 500,000 to RMB 1,000,000, raise the value of newly purchased R&D instruments and equipment for the enterprises entitled to a one-off pre-tax deduction from RMB 1,000,000 to RMB 5,000,000, continuously implement the policy of phased reducing housing provident fund. Enterprises are allowed to decide the proportion of housing provident fund at 5%-12% at their discretion. (2) Integrate the tax service system, build a unified and effective tax collection and management system, realize “integrated tax service network”, “one-click consultation” and unified policy release, enable automatic switches between enterprise financial statements and tax application forms, establish the new generation of e-tax bureaus by integrating tax collector and taxpayer-end services and reduce the time length of tax affair handling to 94 hours through integrated policies. (3) By leveraging technology, the housing provident fund is allowed to be deposited or withdrawn at any service outlet across Beijing. The tax department is responsible for together collecting social insurance fees and other non-taxable income. The payment could be made through bank transfer, providing convenient services for the payment entities and individuals. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance, Beijing Municipal Tax Service, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, the People’s Bank of China Beijing Operations Office, Beijing Municipal Tax Service, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, Beijing Public Housing Provident Fund Management Center, Beijing Disabled Persons’ Federation)
12. Improve the financing environment for enterprises, especially for micro, small and medium-sized enterprises. (1) Promote the linkage of the National Market Regulation System of Movable Mortgage Registration to the unified movable financing registration publicity system of Credit Reference Center, the People’s Bank of China. Standardize the development of the credit reporting market, and establish a complementary and collaborative pattern between management organizations within the National Financial Information Basic Database and market credit reporting agencies. (2) Strengthen the guidance of financial inclusion in loan credits of micro and small enterprises, encourage the establishment of professional classification, mass marketing, standardized loan reviews and differentiated authorization mechanisms for micro and small enterprise customers, and standardize the reduction of credit service charges. (3) Explore the establishment of government-supported, smart-driven, market operation, open and fair network credit service platform for digital financial inclusion, promote sufficient sharing of credit information among banks, conduct public competition subscription, and provide faster and more convenient financing services at a lower cost. (4) Improve the registration and evaluation management system of intangible assets, facilitate the establishment of a sound trading platform for intangible assets, encourage the mortgage and pledge of intangible assets and deepen such fintech innovations as intellectual property rights pledge and debt-equity combination financing. The role of Municipal Financial Guarantee Fund, specialized organization for scientific and technological finance, and Zhongguancun Bank shall be fully utilized to offer better financing services for micro, small and medium-sized companies. Optimize the coordinated mechanism for the listing of enterprises, and continuously increase the number of listed enterprises and the proportion of direct financing. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Bureau of Financial Work, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance, Beijing Office of China Banking Regulatory Commission, Beijing Branch of China Securities Regulatory Commission, Operations Office [Beijing] of the People’s Bank of China, Beijing Intellectual Property Office, Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun)
13. Optimize the supply of land supply as a factor of production. (1) Specify the implementation of land policies for high-end, precision and sophisticated industries in Beijing, and establish a city-level land security mechanism for major national science and technology projects and significant projects. Gradually promote the flexible annual transfer of industrial land and the annual land rent system. Under the premise of legal compliance, comprehensively adopt such approaches as overall balance of development costs, land transfer and house leasing within the planning scope of the development area and industrial park, so as to reduce the land cost for high-end, precision and sophisticated industries. (2) Strengthen the guidance of the source of land supply, and wholly integrate the standards of energy consumption, water consumption, environment, construction, tax contribution, R&D investment, and industry types into the proposed bid evaluation indicators of land transfer and establish a land transfer mechanism for comprehensive bid evaluation. (3) Innovate industrial land use models, and introduce measures to improve the supply mechanism and expand the space for industrial land. For the development of high-end, precision and sophisticated industries, encourage land use rights holders to upgrade and transform their own lands based on the urban regeneration and in the manner of independent construction and joint development. Support mixed use development and utilization of land. (4) Formulate and strengthen management and utilization opinions of the relocation of the non-essential functions to Beijing's role as the capital and industrial upgrading, support enterprises to achieve transformation & upgrading of the original plant in keeping with the planning policy, and vigorously develop scientific and technological innovation and a culturally creative industry. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Commission of City Planning and Land Resources Management, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology, Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission, State-owned Cultural Assets Supervision and Administration Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
14. Improve the access efficiency of public facilities. (1) Consolidate the results of getting electricity reforms for low-voltage users, expand the effects of special services and influences of brands generated from the implementation of “Zero Visit, Zero Review and Zero Investment” for micro and small enterprises. Reduce the time and streamline the links of accessing electricity. The number of links for high-voltage and low-voltage customers shall be reduced to 4 and 2 respectively, and the average length for electricity access shall be no more than 80 days and 25 days respectively. Fully realize the non-power-cut operation. Explore the power supply financial services for micro and small enterprises, improve the after-sales power supply services, and comprehensively improve user experience. (2) Optimize and improve an enterprise’s access to water, gas and heat services, and reduce the number of procedures to 2, gradually allocate the construction of water, gas and heat pipelines outside road red lines to professional companies and further reduce the cost of access for enterprises. (3) Implement the overall national requirements of facilitating faster and more affordable internet connection, and accelerate the development of citywide fiber-optic networks. By 2020, gigabit-speed fixed broadband will be realized and 5G coverage will be offered in key areas. Significantly reduce broadband cost by 10% per year. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Commission of City Management, Beijing Municipal Commission of City Planning and Land Resources Management, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, Beijing Water Authority, Beijing Gardening and Greening Bureau, The Road Administration of Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, Beijing Traffic Management Bureau, Beijing Communications Administration, State Grid Beijing Electric Power Company, Beijing Gas Group, Beijing District Heating Group, Beijing Waterworks Group, Beijing Drainage Group Co. Ltd)
iv. Create a fairer legal environment with good faith
15. Speed up the development of a model city of integrity. (1) Give priority to making amendments and drafting new laws, comprehensively sort out local regulations and government regulations, and complete the legislative work of the Beijing Municipal Social Credit Regulations by the end of 2020, so as to play a leading role in promoting the construction of the credit system. (2) Accelerate the integration, collection and sharing of government and social credit information, build a unified public credit information service platform and linkage system, and lay a solid foundation for the modernization of governance system and governance capacity. (3) Improve the joint credit incentive and penalty system. Establish a unified credit 3-list system of reward and punishment in Beijing, including a sound data list, a list of actions and a list of measures, and by the end of 2020 an “individual credit” project covering the whole permanent population in Beijing will be fully established, so as to vigorously promote the application of credit information in a wide range of fields (including but not limited to market access, public service, tourism and travel, entrepreneurship and job hunting). Provide those trustworthy with facilitation measures, including “fault tolerance acceptance” and “green pass”, and incentive measures for the “Credit+” demonstration project. Improve the credit blacklist system, disclose the records of corporate and personal trustworthiness on a regular basis, and establish the punishment layout so that those losing faith in one area shall be restricted everywhere and let law-breakers and dishonest persons pay a heavy cost. (4) Build a government with good faith, strengthen the construction of honesty and faithfulness of government in such key areas as project investment, government procurement, bidding and social management. The policy commitments and contracts signed in accordance with laws and regulations shall be performed and fulfilled sincerely, and new officials must not disavow obligations undertaken by their predecessors. Reasonably maintain policy stability and continuity, give a stable expectation for market bodies, and increase business confidence. Government affairs assessment shall be carried out across all departments of each district, and be incorporated into the government performance assessment. Where the government’s dishonesty is found, the responsible persons shall be held accountable according to laws and regulations (Responsible Organizations: Legislative Affairs Office of the Standing Committee of Beijing Municipal People’s Congress, The Organizational Department of the CPC Beijing Municipal Committee, Beijing Municipal Discipline Inspection Commission , Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology, Approval Reform Office of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, The Legal Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Commission of Transport, Beijing Municipal Commission of Tourism Development, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Financial Work, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, Beijing Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
16. Strengthen the judicial safeguards of commercial cases. (1) Introduce implementation opinions on providing judicial safeguards for optimizing the business environment of the capital, improve the rapid resolution mechanism to make fast case filing, case trials and execution of judgments in accordance with laws and regulations, and reduce the processing period to within 180 days. (2) Strengthen the online management of cases, carry out smart random allocation, and record the whole-process information of commercial case trials and make them public. (3) Accelerate the establishment of an effective dispute settlement system featuring complementarity and continuity, set up speedy trial teams or the fast-track court at all primary courts, introduce external mediation bodies, give full play to Beijing Arbitration Commission, and comprehensively apply mediation, arbitration, litigation and other methods to establish a multi-channel dispute settlement mechanism. (4) For bankruptcy cases, effectively increase the efficiency of trials, strengthen the capacity building for primary courts, establish a normalized coordination mechanism for government offices, promote the establishment of bankruptcy administrators’ associations, improve the dynamic adjustment mechanism of the bankruptcy administrators’ roster, and reduce the time and cost for bankruptcy cases. (5) Improve judgment execution quality. On the basis of strengthening network enforcement inquiry and control mechanisms, further expand the scope of point-to-point inquiry and control, striving to achieve full coverage of the property of the person subject to the judgement. The implementation of rules of online judicial auction shall be launched to enhance the application of online auction platforms and further improve the disposition efficiency of property. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Supreme Court, Beijing Municipal People’s Procuratorate, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Justice, Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Financial Work, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, The Legal Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance)
17. Implement the most rigorous intellectual property protection. (1) For the intellectual property rights, improve the authoritative and efficient judicial protection system, strengthen the administrative supervision and legal enforcement protection, intensify the power of administrative law enforcement agencies to transfer and accept intellectual property criminal cases, and significantly increase the cost of intellectual property rights infringement. (2) Accelerate the construction of China (Beijing) Intellectual Property Protection Center, and carry out the rapid review of patent applications in the industrial fields (such as the new generation of information technology and high-end equipment manufacturing). Simplify the process and procedures for patent granting declarations, and pilot patent granting declaration and acceptance at the nearest office in Chaoyang District, Haidian District, Changping District, Shunyi District and Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area. (3) Formulate the measures for identifying and administering intellectual property rights innovation and entrepreneurship bases in Beijing, actively build an intellectual property operation service system, and accelerate the construction of intellectual property protection systems in emerging fields and business formats. (4) Improve the valuation, pledge and circulation system of intellectual property rights, speed up the standardization of intellectual property value analysis, optimize the service mechanisms for intellectual property pledge financing, and promote the implementation of patent pledge financing guarantee insurance in the Zhongguancun Science Park. (5) Improve the multi-channel mechanisms resolving IPR-related disputes at a faster pace, perfect the dispute arbitration and rapid mediation system, give full play to the role of various industry associations, mediation centers and intermediary service agencies, and provide more means and professional services for the party concerned to resolve intellectual property disputes. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Intellectual Property Office, Beijing Intellectual Property Court, Beijing Municipal Science & Technology Commission, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Financial Work, Beijing Bureau of China Insurance Regulatory Commission, Administrative Committee of Zhongguancun, Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television, Administrative Committee of Beijing Economic-Technological Development Area, CPC District Committees and District Governments of Chaoyang District, Haidian District, Changping District and Shunyi District)
18. Improve the professional and international service ability of intermediaries. (1) We will formulate high-caliber talent certification and evaluation standards for intermediaries that are in line with the strategic positioning of the capital city, establish a high-caliber talent pool of intermediaries, and study and formulate incentive measures in terms of talent introduction and affordable housing. (2) Vigorously develop integrated intermediaries with various qualifications, actively cultivate inter-disciplinary talented agents, facilitate the implementation of overseas vocational education and training programs for practicing qualified personnel, and continuously upgrade the intermediaries to international level, so as to provide better quality services to the development of innovation industry and the expanded opening-up of the service industry in Beijing. (3) Regulate the business activities of intermediaries and practitioners and incorporated them into the credit supervision system, to hold them accountable for their violations of laws and regulations. (Responsible Organizations: Beijing Municipal Bureau of Justice, Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Finance, Beijing Municipal Tax Service, State Administration of Taxation, Beijing Municipal Commission of City Planning and Land Resources Management, Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development, Beijing Municipal Civil Affairs Bureau, Beijing Municipal Commission of Economy and Information Technology, Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce)
19. Strengthen market supervision. (1) Adhere to the principles of internal and external consistency, strengthen fair competition review and anti-monopoly law enforcement, and abolish any regulations and practices that hinder the unified market or fair competition. (2) Accelerate the institutional reform in market supervision and establish a comprehensive law enforcement system to promote comprehensive law enforcement. (3) Make “Double-Random and One Public” mechanism in market supervision a normal practice, integrate the functions of market supervision business systems and mobile law enforcement systems of industry and commerce, quality supervision, and food and medicine industry. Establish an administrative law enforcement information and service platform with unified networking and standardization. Formulate measures for the performance management of law enforcement personnel, strengthen the monitoring, evaluation and assessment of the performance in accordance with laws and regulations, and promote fair, science-based and efficient supervision of law enforcement. (4) Establish and improve market supervision risk surveillance platforms, make full use of big data technology, gradually form a hierarchical supervision mechanism for risk-driven market players, and step up building a simple, smart and collaborative market supervision system. (5) Accelerate the formulation of regulatory rules for emerging industries and business formats in the principle of encouraging innovation, inclusiveness and prudence, to promote the healthy growth of new kinetic energy. (6) Strengthen the accountability of the enterprise and intensify supervision and punishment for the violation of compulsory standards. (Responsible Organizations: Approval Reform Office of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Administration for Industry and Commerce, Office of Organizational Structure Committee of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Administration of Quality and Technology Supervision, Beijing Food and Drug Administration, The Legal Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality, Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce)
20. Adhere to the overall planning and urban coordination and make best possible efforts to implement plans. Ensure the implementation of all measures specified in the action plan, and summarize the experience and practice from developing and implementing the “9 + N” policies. All tasks will proceed with the municipal leaders in charge, and coordinated scheduling shall be made and reviewed regularly. Key indicators and precise scheduling of critical tasks shall be strengthened based on the city-level doing business special team and interdepartmental joint meeting systems. All relevant departments and units shall, in a timely manner, study and develop specific implementation schemes and supporting policies based on the action plan and lists of tasks, to ensure the implementation effectiveness of reform measures. Each district shall appropriately combine its actual development status with the overall action plan, develop implementation plans, and improve the business environment in the district. Improving the business environment shall be considered the top priority across all units, departments and districts, and main chiefs, as the principal person in charge, shall plan and organize the coordination and implementation of schemes, to ensure smooth operation. (Responsible Organizations: Related authorities of Beijing Municipality, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
21. Strengthen publicity, training, public opinion shaping and exchanges and cooperation. Establish a unified and authoritative platform to release industrial policies and enterprise supportive policies promulgated by different departments in a coordinated manner. Organize and carry out flexible and diverse policy interpretations via new media, mobile terminals, social platforms and other channels to publicize and interpret policies, and use the expressions that enterprises and ordinary people can understand clearly, so as to improve policy awareness and application. Strengthen the service standard and service specification training for staff at government affairs service windows, and effectively solve the “last mile” issues related to the implementation of the business environment policies. Strengthen exchanges with non-governmental professional institutions, experts and scholars; enhance communication with international organizations such as the World Bank, jointly hold high-level seminars, learn from the best practices, and tell Chinese stories. (Responsible Organizations: Related authorities including Publicity Department of Beijing CPC Commission, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Government Affairs Service Office of Beijing Municipality, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
22. Focus on follow-up assessment, supervision and implementation, and set a good example. Establish an open assessment mechanism, improve Beijing’s assessment indicator system, comprehensively use third-party assessment and other methods to assess the implementation of the action plans in all units, departments and districts, and strengthen the application of assessment results. Set up a whole-process supervision and accountability mechanism and conduct a special inspection of the Action Plan every six months. Each responsible unit shall put in place a work supervision mechanism to clarify the schedule arrangement and division of responsibilities, and strengthen internal supervision of the system. It is necessary to timely solicit the opinions and suggestions of deputies to the People’s Congress, CPPCC members, enterprises and the general public on implementing the policy, and take the initiative to accept their oversight. It is necessary to summarize and make good use of the reform experience in a timely manner, continuously promote exemplary cases and successful practices, facilitate mutual learning and reference, and generate more work mechanisms and innovations that can be replicated and promoted. (Responsible Organizations: Related authorities including Supervision Office of Beijing Municipal Government, Beijing Municipal Commission of Development and Reform, Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce, Beijing Municipal Bureau of Statistics, CPC District Committees and District Governments)
The doing business reform in Beijing has entered a crucial phase and frontier exploration stage, with a tight timeline, heavy tasks and high requirements. All units, departments and districts should be guided by Xi Jinping Thought on Socialism with Chinese Characteristics for a New Era, further liberalize their thinking, change mindsets, seek for truth and be pragmatic, pioneer and innovate, to define a road map and timetable according to the action plan, one after another. Consolidate at every step to make enterprises and the general public benefit from the remarkable changes brought about by the reform, and lay a more solid foundation for realizing the high-quality development of the capital and building a world-class metropolis that is harmonious and livable.