According to the “Reform Plan on the Structural Organization of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality”, and the “Notice of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality on Structural Establishment” (No.2  of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality) issued by the Central Committee of the CPC and the State Council, the Beijing Municipal Commission of Housing and Urban-Rural Development (holding the brand of the Housing Reform Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality) is established, which is an organ affiliated to the People’s Government of Beijing Municipality and is responsible for administrative management of housing and urban-rural development.
(1) Implementing the state’s laws, rules, regulations and policies on housing and urban-rural development; studying and drafting local rules of law and government regulations, organizing and implementing them; and studying major issues in the aspects of housing and urban-rural development, and putting forward policy proposals.
(2) Undertaking the responsibility of guaranteeing the housing of urban low-income families in Beijing: Establishing and improving the housing security management system; studying and drawing up the medium and long-term plans, annual plans and policies on housing security, and reconstruction of old and dilapidated buildings, and protection of the appearance of the ancient capital, organizing and implementing them.
(3) In charge of promoting the housing reform of Beijing: Studying and preparing the policies related to the housing reform of Beijing; guiding the reform of the operational and management system on the public housing directly administered by the unit; and responsible for the management of public housing sales, funds collection for cooperative house-building, and housing distribution monetization.
(4) Responsible for the construction management of Beijing: Coordinating, scheduling and supervising the major projects as well as coordinating the expropriation and removal; responsible for the supervision and management of construction project bidding and tendering, as well as construction permission; the registration record of engineering projects of the central state organs, the troops stationed in Beijing, the central enterprises applying for approval in Beijing, and providing construction coordination and services.
(5) Taking on the supervision and administration of the building market of Beijing, standardization of market order and promotion of development of the building industry. Studying and drawing up the development plan of building industry, and guiding the implementation; responsible for the qualification, accreditation, supervision, and administration of main building market bodies; and organizing to establish the cost valuation methods for building projects.
(6) Assuming the responsibility of the supervision of the quality and safety of building projects in Beijing. Studying and drawing up regulations on building project quality and safety in production, and organizing and implementing them; responsible for the qualifications management of agencies involving in building project quality test, and for the management of safe production permits of building enterprises; participating in investigation and dealing with major accidents regarding building project quality and construction safety; and undertaking specific tasks of the Beijing Construction Accident Emergency Command.
(7) Responsible for guiding and standardizing the development of towns and villages around Beijing: the guidance and technical services for construction of the projects in towns and villages; establishing technical standards for the projects in towns and villages; and organizing and guiding the renovation of dilapidated buildings in rural areas.
(8) Undertaking the responsibility of building energy conservation and development of science and technology in the building industry in Beijing. Studying and working out the plans and policies of scientific and technological development in the building industry, supervising and urging relevant units to implement the national and local standards, promoting technological progress and achievements of conversions in housing and urban-rural development; and responsible for the innovation of building energy-saving materials and wall materials as well as the development and management of bulk cement.
(9) Bearing the responsibility of supervision and administration of the real estate market in Beijing, the standardization of market order and promotion of real estate development. Studying and drawing up the medium and long-term plans and industrial policies, and organizing and implementing them; responsible for the supervision and administration of real estate development, real estate transfer, house leases and real estate intermediary services; responsible for monitoring and analysis of the real estate market; and for the qualification management of real estate development enterprises and assessment agencies.
(10) Shouldering the housing management in Beijing. Researching on and establishing housing expropriation, removal planning, and annual plans; the housing registration and management; the supervision and administration of property services; the safe use management of urban housing, coordination of housing flood prevention work; and supervising, urging and coordinating private saving policies.
(11) Organizing and instituting personnel development planning in the field of housing and urban-rural development, and guiding the implementation; the professional qualification management and practicing registration management of personnel in the building industries, and the real estate industry.
(12) Undertaking other matters assigned by the Municipal Government.