Beijing Municipal Commission of City Administration has the following main responsibilities:
1. Study and formulate municipal development strategies, mid- and long-term programs and annual plans on urban infrastructure construction, public utilities and environmental sanitation, and organize their implementation.
2. Study the drafting of local statutes and regulations governing the comprehensive management of urban infrastructure construction, public utilities, environmental sanitation and city outlook, and organize their enforcement.
3. Manage such sectors as public utilities and environmental sanitation, and study the formulation of administrative systems and policies for different sectors.
4. Work out plans for comprehensive management of the city’s environment and organize their implementation; coordinate comprehensive management efforts by the relevant districts and departments.
5. Conduct feasibility studies on and apply for approval of government-funded or non-operative projects concerning urban infrastructure construction, public utilities, environmental sanitation, and check and accept them upon completion.
6. Manage public utilities of the city, such as utilities for gas and heat supplies, formulate management standards and criteria for public utility-related technology, operation, services and supplies, and supervise their implementation.
7. Manage the city’s outlook and environmental sanitation, formulate criteria for urban outlook and the quality of environmental sanitation, and organize their supervision and inspection; take charge of the overall arrangement, coordination and management of the city’s night lighting.
8. Manage the city’s outdoor advertisements, organize the review, approval, supervision and management of the setup of outdoor advertisements, and organize the formulation of setup plans and technical standards.
9. Draw up and submit annual plans for the maintenance of city-level infrastructure and environmental sanitation and separate item expenditures, organize their implementation and manage charges collected in this field according to law.
10. Organize the formulation of scientific and technological development programs in such sectors as urban infrastructure construction, public utilities and environmental sanitation and guide their implementation, guide major scientific and technological research projects in tackling key problems, the promotion of their achievements and the import of new technologies.
11. Guide urban infrastructure construction at the district and county levels.
12. Undertake other duties assigned by the Municipal Government.
13. Comprehensively coordinate, manage and supervise the work concerning local underground pipes and lines.
14. Coordinate and urge relevant departments to handle urban management problems.
15. Comprehensively manage petrol/gas stations.