Instructions On Application for Employment Residence Permits and Its Extension for Foreigner Talents (with remark “人才” as Talent)
I. Applicant Eligibility
1. Foreign high level talents certified by Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Foreign Experts Affairs or Human Resources and Social Security authorities of Beijing Municipal government.
2. Senior industry professionals who are employed by the enterprises certified by science and technology authority of Beijing Municipal Government.
II. Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Employment permit and certificate issued by foreign experts affairs or human resources and social security authorities of Beijing Municipal government, or Alien Employment Permit, Foreign Experts Certificate etc..
5. Certificate of foreign high level talent issued by the following authorities: Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Foreign Experts Affairs or Human Resources and Social Security authorities of Beijing Municipal government, and invitation letter from the local host organization. Or provide the employment contract and Guarantee Letter from the employment enterprise which is certified by Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission.
6. Certification letter from the employer.
7. Foreigners who apply for residence permit for the first time shall submit health certificate issued by Beijing Entry-Exit Health and Quarantine Department (Beijing International Travel Health Care Center ).
8. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.
Ⅲ. Timeline for Application
The applicant could apply for an employment based residence permit with validity of no longer than 5 year, with the remark as “Talent”.
Ⅳ. Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, the host organization or relevant particular service agency may submit the application on behalf of the applicant ( the trustee's ID and a copy are required ), in case the applicant is aged above 60, or inconvenient to travel due to disability or illness, or high level and exceptional ability talents qualified as much-needed of the state, or the applicant wants to renew the employment based residence permit. Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant must go through the interview personally.
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.
3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
4. Applicant who doesn't nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department considers it necessary.
5. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.