Instructions on Application of Private Business Based Residence Permits and Its Extension for Foreigners（Property Purchasing / Medical Care）
I. Applicant Eligibility
Foreign nationals of Chinese origin over 60 years old who has purchased house property in Beijing, or foreigners who intend to receive medical aid or services or other private business in Beijing.
II. Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completing the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with black ink or sign pen, attached with a recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Foreign nationals of Chinese Origin, who has purchased property in Beijing, shall submit either the ownership certificate of the property registered under the applicant’s name, or notarized house sales contract.
5. Foreigners who intend to receive medical aid or services in Beijing shall submit a proof of hospitalization or receiving medical services for over 6 months issued by the medical institute above county-level or 2A-class, or any foreign-funded medical institute. The accompanying person should submit the proof of accompanying issued by the aforesaid medical institutes.
6. Foreigners who are over 18 years and apply for residence permit for the first time shall submit health certificate issued by Beijing Entry-Exit Health and Quarantine Department (Beijing International Travel Health Care Center).
7. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.
Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1. Foreigners who own house property in Beijing can apply for a residence permit with validity of no longer than 3 year, which shall be no less than 180 days for first-time applicants.
2. Foreigners who intend to receive medical aid or services can apply for a residence permit with validity of no longer than 1 year. The accompanying person can apply for a residence permit with the same term of validity as that of the person to be accompanied, which shall be no less than 180 days for first-time applicants.
Ⅳ Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, for applicants who are aged above 60, or inconvenient to travel or apply for an extension of residence permit due to disability, the host family member of the applicant or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee’s ID is required). Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant must go through the interview personally.
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.
3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
4. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-Entry Administration Department consider it necessary.
5. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.