Instructions On Application for Private Business Residence Permits and Its Extension for Foreigners (Starting A New Business)
I. Applicant Eligibility
1. Overseas students who have graduated from universities in China and are willing to start a new business in Beijing.
2. Foreigners who are planning for investment or the start-up of innovative enterprises in Beijing.
II. Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo.
Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Other supporting documents for overseas graduates who are planning for starting new business in Beijing:
a. Application letter from the applicants or their employer.
b. Diploma of colleges and universities in China that the applicants graduate from.
c. Official documents from relevant government authorities that confirming the applicant’s new business and innovations.
5. Other supporting documents for foreigner graduates in China who are planning for investment or the start-up of innovative enterprises:
a. Application letter from the applicant and the business plan.
b. Certificate of Deposit from bank in China ( No less than RMB 50,000 Yuan ).
c. One the following supplementary documents are to be provided:
i. Certificate(s) of intellectual property rights or patent in China or abroad which are owned by the applicant ( Intellectual property rights or patent abroad shall
be certified by local embassies or consulates of China.)
ii. Reference letter from relevant government authorities on applicant’s investment in Beijing.
iii. Letters of invitation and guarantee issued by local host organization or partner. The host organization shall provide tax certificate of the previous year ( No less than RMB 50,000 Yuan ). The partner in Beijing shall provide No Criminal Certificate in China ( issued within the last 6 months )
6. Foreigners who are over 18 years and apply for residence permit for the first time shall submit health certificate issued by Beijing Entry-Exit Health and Quarantine Department ( Beijing International Travel Health Care Center ).
7. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.
Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1. The foreign graduates in China could apply for a residence permit with validity of no longer than 5 years.
2. Foreigners of investment or starting innovative business in Beijing could apply for a residence permit with validity of no longer than 2 years.
3. For first-time applicants, the term shall be no less than 180 days.
Ⅳ Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview.
2. Foreigner graduates in China may apply for employment based residence permits according to relevant provisions after employed by eligible organization or enterprise
in Beijing when engaging new innovative business.
3. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.
4. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
5. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department considers it necessary.
6. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.