eBeijing, the Official Website of the Beijing Government

Instructions on Application of Family Reunion Based Residence Permits and Its Extension for Foreigners(Fosterage)

Font size:  A  A  A

I Applicant Eligibility
Foreigners under 18 being fostered in Beijing who are the children of foreign nationals of Chinese origin or overseas Chinese.

II Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.

2. Completing the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with black ink or sign pen, attached with a  recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo.

3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.

4. Birth Certificate of the foster child.

5. Passports photocopies of the foster child’s parents; if one or both of the parents are of Chinese nationality, photocopies of the poof of their overseas residence status shall be submitted additionally.

6. Notarized Certificate of Entrustment of the applicant’s parents, in which the content shall include a trustee of foster care, or the appointed guardian and the foster period etc.

7. Notarized Certificate of Trustee of the trustee of foster care.

8. The trustee’s Beijing Household Register or Temporary Residence Permit in Beijing and Identification Card.

9. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.

Ⅲ Timeline for Application 
Foster child could apply for a residence permit with validity of no longer than 3 years and the expiration date can’t exceed their 18th birthday.

Ⅳ Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, for applicants who are aged under 16, or inconvenient to travel or apply for an extension of residence permit due to disability, the family member of the applicant or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee’s ID is required). Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant must go through the interview personally.

2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.

3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.

4. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation

certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-Entry Administration Department consider it necessary.

5. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.

Source: eBeijing.gov.cn
Date: 2016-03-02