Foreign housekeeping personnel hired by high-level talents and innovative and entrepreneurial talents with the foreign nationality and high-level talents from Hong Kong and Macao who have obtained the permanent residence status or hold the residence permit for work issued by the relevant authority of Beijing Government.
II. Application Materials and Requirements
(I) The valid passport or other international travel document of the foreign housekeeping personnel.
(II) Foreigner Visa Application Form completed in black ink, with a recent 2-inch full-face bareheaded colored photo with white background attached.
(III) Valid residence registration of the applicant at a local police station or hotel in Beijing.
(IV) Relevant proofs of the employer:
1. Effective entry and exit documents: for high-level foreign talents, the valid passports or other international travel documents, and Permanent Residence Permit for Foreigners or the residence permit for work issued by the relevant authority of Beijing Government shall be submitted; for high-level talents from Hong Kong and Macao, the Hong Kong and Macao resident ID cards and the Mainland Travel Permit for Hong Kong and Macao Residents shall be submitted.
2. The employer shall also submit one of the following materials:
(1) The Certificate for high-level foreign talent recognition issued by the organizing department of the Central Committee of the Communist Party of China, the Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, the State Experts Bureau, the Beijing Municipal Party Committee Organization Department, the Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau or the State Administration of Foreign Experts Affairs, and the invitation letter issued by the inviting organization; or
(2) The employment contract and letter of guarantee for high-level industrial professional talents issued by the enterprise accredited by the Beijing Municipal Science &Technology Commission.
(V) The application letter issued by the employer.
(VI) The employment contract.
(VII) The financial security (certificate of deposits over RMB 100,000 under the employer's name in the territory of China).
(VIII) The policy of personal accident insurance the employer has bought for the foreign housekeeping personnel in China.
(IX) Any applicant above the age of 18 that applies for a residence permit valid for more than one year shall submit a health certificate issued by the domestic entry-exit health and quarantine department. Such certificate is valid for 6 months from the date of issuance.
(X) Other application materials to be submitted as required by the exit-entry administration bureau as the case may be.
III. Time Limit for Application
Foreign housekeeping personnel may apply for a residence permit valid for 180 days at least and 1 year at most.
1. Applicants must accept an interview.
2. Originals and copies of application materials must be submitted for check.
3. Related evidentiary materials in foreign languages (except English) must be translated into Chinese.
4. Those that have not canceled China's household registration shall cancel it before applying for a residence permit, and submit the certificate of cancellation issued by the police station when necessary.
V. Regulatory Tips
1. A foreigner that holds a visa indicating that a residence permit is required after entry shall apply for a foreigner residence permit within 30 days from the date of entry.
2. A foreigner residing in China that applies for an extension of residence shall apply for it 30 days prior to expiration of the residence permit.
3. An applicant may legally stay in China against a return receipt if his or her passport or any other international travel document held is taken away and saved for the certificate application.
4. A foreigner that has any change in residence permit registration (including the holder's name, gender, date of birth, reason and period for residence, date and place of issuance, and passport number or any other international travel document number) shall apply to the exit-entry administration bureau of public security of the local people's government at or above the county level for handling the change within 10 days upon such change.
5. Where an employer discovers that any foreigner employed has resigned or changed employment location, or the employed foreigner violates rules on exit and entry administration or dies or is missing, it shall make report to the relevant entry-exit administration bureau in a timely manner.
6. The exit-entry administration bureau of public security may check the authenticity of an application by means of interview, phone inquiry or field investigation, in which the applicant, and the entity or individual providing the invitation letter or evidentiary materials shall cooperate.
7. Decisions made by the exit-entry administration bureau of public security on not accepting the extension, renewal or reissuance of ordinary visas, not handling residence permits for foreigners and not extending the residence period shall be final and conclusive.
The notes shall be subject to interpretation by the exit-entry administration bureau.