1. Foreign students intending to undertake innovation and entrepreneurship in Beijing and graduated from institutions of higher education in China.
2. Foreigners planning to make investments or undertake innovation and entrepreneurship in Beijing.
II. Application Materials and Requirements
(I) Valid passport or any other international travel document.
(II) Foreigner Visa Application Form completed in black ink, with a recent 2-inch full-face bareheaded colored photo with white background attached.
(III) Valid residence registration of the applicant at a local police station or hotel in Beijing.
(IV) Foreign students intending to undertake innovation and entrepreneurship shall also submit the following:
1. The application submitted by the individual or his/her employer.
2. The applicant's graduation certificate granted by any institution of higher education in China.
3. Proofs relevant to the applicant's innovation and entrepreneurship issued by relevant government authorities.
(V) Foreigners planning to make investment or undertake innovation and entrepreneurship in Beijing shall also submit:
1. Individual application and business plan.
2. Certificate of the applicant's deposits in domestic banks (At least RMB 50,000.00).
3. One of the following materials:
(1) The applicant's domestic and foreign intellectual property or patent proofs (Foreign proofs shall be subject to the certification by Chinese embassies and consulates in corresponding countries).
(2) Proofs relevant to the applicant's investment in Beijing issued by relevant government authorities.
(3) Invitation letters and letters of guarantee issued by the host organizations or partners in Beijing. Meanwhile, host organizations in Beijing shall submit the tax certificate for the previous year (At least RMB 50,000.00), and partners in Beijing shall submit the certificate of clearance in China (Valid within 6 months).
(VI) Any applicant above the age of 18 that applies for a residence permit valid for more than one year shall submit a health certificate issued by the domestic entry-exit health and quarantine department. Such certificate is valid for 6 months from the date of issuance.
(VII) Other application materials to be submitted as required by the exit-entry administration bureau as the case may be.
III. Time Limit for Application
1. Foreign students may apply for a residence permit valid for 180 days at least and 5 years at most.
2. Foreigners making investment or undertaking innovation and entrepreneurship in Beijing may apply for a residence permit valid for 180 days at least and 2 years at most.
1. Applicants must accept an interview.
2. Where any foreign student is employed by any enterprise located in Beijing during the period of his/her startup, he/she may apply for a residence permit for work as required.
3. Originals and copies of application materials must be submitted for check.
4. Related evidentiary materials in foreign languages (except English) must be translated into Chinese.
5. Those that have not canceled China's household registration shall cancel it before applying for a residence permit, and submit the certificate of cancellation issued by the police station when necessary.
V. Regulatory Tips
1. A foreigner that holds a visa indicating that a residence permit is required after entry shall apply for a foreigner residence permit within 30 days from the date of entry.
2. A foreigner residing in China that applies for an extension of residence shall apply for it 30 days prior to expiration of the residence permit.
3. An applicant may legally stay in China against a return receipt if his or her passport or any other international travel document held is taken away and saved for the certificate application.
4. A foreigner that has any change in residence permit registration (including the holder's name, gender, date of birth, reason and period for residence, date and place of issuance, and passport number or any other international travel document number) shall apply to the exit-entry administration bureau of public security of the local people's government at or above the county level for handling the change within 10 days upon such change.
5. Where an employer discovers that any employed foreigner has resigned or changed employment location, or a recruiting unit discovers that any recruited foreign student has left the unit, or it is discovered that any employed foreigner or any recruited foreign student violates rules on exit and entry administration or dies or is missing, the case shall be reported to the relevant entry-exit administration bureau in a timely manner.
6. The exit-entry administration bureau of public security may check the authenticity of an application by means of interview, phone inquiry or field investigation, in which the applicant, and the entity or individual providing the invitation letter or evidentiary materials shall cooperate.
7. Decisions made by the exit-entry administration bureau of public security on not accepting the extension, renewal or reissuance of ordinary visas, not handling residence permits for foreigners and not extending the residence period shall be final and conclusive.
The notes shall be subject to interpretation by the exit-entry administration bureau.