Foreigners who work in Beijing.
II. Application Materials and Requirements
(I) Valid passport or any other international travel document.
(II) Complete the Form of Foreigner’s Application for Visa or Document in black ink, with one recently-taken 2-inch full-face color photo with white background attached.
(III) An applicant has validly registered accommodation with a police station or a hotel of the city.
(IV) The foreigner who has obtained the work permit must submit the following:
1. Work permit issued by the Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau or the Beijing. CAIEP.ORG.
2. Reference letter issued by his employer.
(V) The foreigner who has not obtained the work permit yet must submit the following:
1. Notice on Foreigner’s work Permit issued by the Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau or the Beijing. CAIEP.ORG (provided that he has worked in China for over 90 days).
2. Reference letter issued by his employer.
(VI) The foreigner who takes part in recreational and sports activities must submit the following:
1. Performance permit issued by the cultural and sports department.
2. The related letter and name list.
(VII) The foreigner who works in the foreign cultural center must submit the following:
1. Confirmation Letter of the Dispatching Country’s Government Appointing a Worker in case that he is an appointed person with an official affairs passport.
2. Confirmation Letter of the Foreigner Cultural Center’s Engaging a Worker and the work permit in case that he is an appointed person with an ordinary passport.
(VIII) If a foreigner aged over 18 applies for the residence certificate with a valid period of over one year, he must submit the proof of good health issued by the domestic entry-exit health and quarantine department. Such proof shall remain valid within six months upon the issuance.
If he has submitted such proof to the Beijing Municipal Human Resources and Social Security Bureau or the Beijing. CAIEP.ORG. when handling the work permit, it is
unnecessary for such foreigner to resubmit the same.
(IX) Other application materials to be submitted as required by the exit-entry administration bureau as the case may be.
III. Applied Period
A residence certificate with a valid period of no less than 90 days but no more than five years may be applied for.
1. The applicant must accept an interview. If a foreigner aged over 60 and having difficulty getting about due to illness, or a high-level talent needed by China or a professional in much demand applies for extension of the residence certificate, he may invite his employer or a relevant professional service agency to do that for him (with a copy of the agent’s ID card submitted). However, if the exit-entry administration bureau notifies him of an interview, he must accept it.
2. Both originals and copies of the application materials must be submitted for check.
3. The related evidentiary materials in foreign languages (except English) must be translated into Chinese versions.
4. Whoever does not cancel China’s household registration shall cancel the household registration before applying, and submit the certificate of the cancellation issued by the relevant police station when necessary.
V. Regulatory Hints
1. If a foreigner must handle the residence certificate after entering China as indicated on the visa held by him, he shall apply for handling the alien residence certificate within thirty days upon his entry.
2. If a foreigner residing in China applies for extension of the period of residence, he shall do that thirty days prior to the expiration of the valid period of the residence certificate.
3. An applicant may legally stay in China with the return receipt if his passport or any other international travel document held is taken away from him and saved for handling the certificate.
4. In case of any change to the registered matters stated on the alien residence certificate (including holder’s name, gender and date of birth, reason and period for residence, date and place of issuance, and passport number or any other international travel document number), the holder shall apply to the exit-entry administration bureau of public security organ of the local people’s government at or above the county level for handling the change within ten days upon such change.
5. If an employer finds its foreign employee quits, changes the employment location, violates the administrative provisions on exit-entry, or is dead or missing, it shall report the same to the exit-entry administration institution promptly.
6. The exit-entry administration institution of public security organ may check the authenticity of the case by face-to-face talk, phone inquiry or field investigation, in which the applicant, and the employer or individual providing the letter of invitation or evidentiary materials shall cooperation.
7. The decisions made by the exit-entry administration institution of public security organ about refusal to handle the extension, renewal or reissuance of the ordinary visa, rejection of the application for the alien stay or residence certificate, and refusal to extend the residence period shall be final and conclusive.
The exit-entry administration bureau interprets these Instructions.