For exit from China, aliens shall present their valid passports or other valid certificates.
Aliens belonging to any of the following categories shall not be allowed to leave China:
(1) defendants in criminal cases or criminal suspects confirmed by a public security organ, a people's procuratorate or a people's court;
(2) persons who, as notified by a people's court, shall be denied exit owing to involvement in unresolved civil cases; and
(3) persons who have committed other acts in violation of Chinese law who have not been dealt with and against whom the competent authorities consider it necessary to institute prosecution.
Frontier inspection offices shall have the power to stop aliens belonging to any of the following categories from leaving the country and to deal with them according to law:
(1) holders of invalid exit certificates;
(2) holders of exit certificates other than their own; and
(3) holders of forged or altered exit certificates.