7.Visa Applications and Registration in China

Source:Beijing Municipal Commission of Education

Font Size:   A   A   A

1) Visa Application

Students under the Beijing Government Scholarship Program should apply for a visa to study in China at the Chinese Embassy or Consulate-General with the original documents and one set of photocopies of the Admission Notice, Visa Application for Study in China and Physical Examination Form for Foreigners, and a valid ordinary passport.

Scholarship students who are going to stay in China for more than 6 months will need to apply for an "X" visa, while those who will stay less than 6 months will need to apply for an "F" visa. The scholarship students must enter China with the original copies of the above documents. A person coming to China with other types of passports, visas or without the original documents will not be able to register with the institution.

2) Registration

International students must arrive at and formally register in the institution at the time specified in the Admission Notice. If the rate of the scholarship cannot meet the tuition fee, students need to pay the difference.

Those who are unable to register before the specified time must ask for permission from the institution directly. Those who fail to register without the prior consent of the institution will be considered as voluntarily giving up their enrollment, and the scholarship will automatically be withdrawn. Those who arrive in Beijing before the scholarship program begins shall bear all the expenses incurred.