Scholarships Established for International Students

Source:Beijing Municipal Commission of Education

Font Size:   A   A   A

The international students who come to study in Beijing can apply for the following three categories of scholarships:

Chinese Government Scholarship: The Chinese Government has established various scholarship projects to provide financial support to students, teachers and scholars from all over the world to study and engage in research activities in Chinese colleges and universities. The international students who have obtained the Chinese government scholarship will be arranged to study in a Chinese university commissioned by Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China. Ministry of Education of the People’s Republic of China has established the Chinese Government Scholarship Program and entrusts China Scholarship Council (hereinafter referred to as “CSC”) to handle the enrollment of international students and carry out the routine management of this scholarship program students in China. Since 2008, CSC has issued scholarship quotas of independently admitting international students to the partial Chinese colleges and universities, so international students can also directly consult and apply to the Chinese colleges and universities for the Chinese government scholarship.

CSC plans to take three years from 2008 to 2010 to double the Chinese government scholarship quotas and expand the enrollment year by year with an annual increase of about 3,000 students.

The Chinese Government Scholarship is classified into a full scholarship and partial scholarship. If you want to apply for the Chinese government scholarship, please contact the China Scholarship Council to obtain the latest information.

UniversityScholarship: Mostcollegesanduniversitieshaveestablishedspecialscholarships forinternational students such as admission scholarship. Some universities also have established scholarships for international students at faculty level. For detailed information, please consult the international student administration department which you apply for.