Children under 18 of foreigners or overseas Chinese entrusted to the care of Beijing residents
B Application Documents
1. Passport with current visa
2. Registration Form of Temporary Residence in Beijing
3. Visa or Residence Permit Application Form
4. A recent 2-inch photo with white or light blue background
5. Birth Certificate of children with foreign citizenship (all certificates in a language other than English need to be translated into Chinese by a translation agency)
6. Passports or Permanent Residence Card of parents
7. Parents’ Letter of Entrustment stating name of the custodian and parents; as well as terms of entrustment
Photocopies and originals of the above listed documents are required; notarisation by local Chinese Consulates is required for certificates issued abroad.
Those who originally had Chinese citizenship but now have a foreign passport need to cancel their Chinese ID and household registration beforehand.
C Term of Validity
Visas good for 6 or 12 months with zero/single/double/multi entries are issued with no limit to the number of reapplications.
D Time for Approval
Approval upon submission of requisite documents will take five working days, not including Saturday or the application is submitted.
E Office Hours
09:00 – 17:00 Monday to Saturday
2 Andingmen Avenue (East), Dongcheng District, Beijing
(Southeast of BeiXiaoJie Bridge, 2nd Ring Road)
BeiXiaoJie HuoKou Stop by Bus 44, 13, 116, 807, 117, 2special (Te-Er), or
Lama Temple Station by Underground Line 2 \Line 5
G Visa Fee
Please refer to [Visa Fee Rate for Countries with Bilateral Treaties], [Visa Fee Rate for Countries without Bilateral Treaties], and [Fee Regulations (2003) 392] promulgated by the State Planning Board and Ministry of Finance.
Tel: 86 - 10 - 8402 0101,
Website: www.bjgaj.gov.cn --online notice--For Information of Visas and Residence Permits Application--L Visa Application
I Customer Service Line
Tel. 86 - 10 – 84015300