Those who have been employed by major educational institutions as professors/associate professors or equivalent and resided in China for no less than three years in the past four years may apply for permanent residence status if they have a clean record of tax paying.
B. Application Documents
1. Valid passport or other indentity ducuments (original and copy);
2. Certificate of Non-Criminal Record in home country;
3. Four recent 2-inch passport photos with pale blue background;
4. An employment letter issued by the employer indicating position, title of a technical post;
5. Certificate of Personal Tax-Paid issued by the Beijing Revenue Bureau;
6. Physical Examination Report issued by Beijng Exit & Entry Inspection & Quarantine Bureau or medical services abroad recognized by Chinese overseas embassies and consulates (taken within the past six months);
7. Copy of highest educational certificate (with original);
8. Copy of Foreign Expert Certificate (with original);
9. Marriage Certificate for accompanying spouse, if applicable (original and copy);
10. Birth Certificate or Kinship Certificate for accompanying children under 18, if applicable (original and copy);
11. Other required certificates;
*Certificates issued abroad must be notarized by a Chinese embassy or consulate abroad.
*All documents must be translated into Chinese.
*Two copies of the above listed documents on size A4 paper.