In order to scientifically confirm, track, and take medical observations of the close contacts of A(H1N1) Flu cases, and take timely and effective measures to prevent the spread of the epidemic, this work plan is hereby made in accordance with the Plan on the Confirmation and Management of the Close Contacts of A(H1N1) Flu Cases(for Trial Implementation) by the Ministry of Health.
I. Object for Home Medical Observation
With the approval of the local health authority, people who have close contact with the A(H1N1) flu patients in infectious period without any effective protection can be taken for home medical observation.
The close contacts include those who diagnosed, treated, nursed or visited the patients; those who lived together or had close contact with the patients; those who directly contacted the respiratory secretion or body fluid of the patients; and those who might be exposed in the environment or to the objects that have been contaminated by the cases, etc.
II. Management of Home Medical Observation
1. The health administration authorities shall take charge of the medical observation of the close contacts and determine the home medical observation of those close contacts according to the practical condition.
2. The related disease control and prevention organization shall take the registration and investigation of the close contacts in home medical observation.
3. Doctors with the community health service centers or healthcare doctors of the communities shall take the body temperature measurement and health monitoring work for home medical observation object.
4. The related health administration authorities shall designate a specific medical organization to treat the illness of the people suddenly occurred in home medical observation.
5. The related administration department of the street or community shall guarantee the life services and the garbage collection and transportation work for the home medical observation object.
III. Requirements for the Environment of the Isolated Room for Home Medical Observation
1. During the home medical observation period, the observation object must not go out, and shall have a separated room to live in and be isolated from the families with isolation barrier. The articles for daily use shall be put in place by the specific people with protection equipment.
2. The room for isolation shall be in good ventilation conditions. The air in the room shall be purified naturally through open windows.
3. Central air conditioner is forbidden to use at home.
4. The wind tunnels connected to other rooms shall be blocked out completely.
5. All the waste(except for the excretion) produced by the observation object shall be taken as medical waste.
6. The surface of articles in the contaminated indoor environment shall be wiped with 500mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant for 10 min for disinfection.
IV.Notification for the Observation
The health officers of the medical organization designated for the observation by health administration authority shall notify the observation object in oral or written form of the following matters before the home medical observation starts:
1. Knowledge on the clinical features, route of transmission, and the treatment and prevention of Influenza A(H1N1);
2. The contacts of the medical organization designated for the observation. (So that the observation object can make immediate report upon the occurrence of relevant symptoms.)
V. Notice for the Observation
1. The observation object shall contact as few people as possible, and wear a mask when being in contact with families;
2. They shall cover the mouth and nose with tissues when coughing or sneezing;
3. They shall use separated commodities and must not share with families;
4. They shall have meals separately, and disinfect the dishes after meals (Measures: put the dishes in boiled water or steam to 100 ℃ for at least 15 min; or soak the dishes in 500mg/L chlorine-containing disinfectant for 30 min and rinse with clean water. );
5. They shall wash hands with fluid soap and mobile water, or disinfect the hands with fast-speed hand disinfectant;
6. Those who have contacts with the observation object must wear a mask and disinfect the hands after the contacts.
VI. Contents and Requirements of the Observations
1. Measure the body temperature twice a day, one in the morning and the other in the evening, establishing written record;
2. Make immediate report to the designated person when symptoms of fever, cough and other discomforts occur, and take accordant medical treatment.
VII. Conditions for the Discharge from the Observation
The close contacts should be discharged from medical observation and be given a health certificate by the medical organization in charge of this medical observation on condition that:
1. The suspected case of A(H1N1) flu he contacted with has been excluded from the infection; or
2. The disease control and prevention center has confirmed the expiry of the medical observation.