Conditions of adoptee:
Minors under 14 years old;
Children and abandoned children who are raised in social welfare institutions and whose biological parents can't be found;
Children whose biological parents are unable to rear with special difficulties.
Persons or institutions placing out the adoptee:
Guardians of the orphans;
Social welfare institutions;
Parents who are unable to rear their children because of special difficulties.
Conditions of adopters:
Parents with no children;
Parents who have the ability to raise and educate the adoptee;
Parents who are not suffering any illnesses medically unfit for the adoption;
Parents who are older than thirty years old.
The adoption should be based on mutual voluntary between the adoptee and the adopters. If the adoptee are over ten years old, the adoption must be accepted by themselves in advance.
The adopters can only adopt one child with the exception if the adoptee are abandoned children who are raised in social welfare institutions and whose biological parents can't be found.
If male adopters adopt female adoptee, there must be an age difference of over forty years between the adopters and the adoptee.
The adopters should submit materials such as:
Registration application of adoption in China;
The notice of adoption sent by China adoption institutions;
The ID and photo of the adopter.
The person or institution placing out the adoptee should submit the following materials:
1. The household register or ID card (ID card of the person who is in charge of the institution if the Guardian is institution);
2. According to the Adoption Law, the adoption must be approved by other persons who have obligations to support the adoptee. At such conditions, the proof of agreeing to place out the adoptee must be written and submitted.
3. If the Guardians want to place out the adoptee, they have to submit the proof of actual guardianship, the dead proof of the parents of the adoptee, or the proof proving that the parents of the adoptee are not full of civil capacity and are harmful to the growth of the adoptee.
4. If the biological parents want to place out the adoptee, they have to submit the agreement on subjecting to the family planning provisions signed with their local family planning department. If the parents are unable to raise their children, they have to submit the special difficulty proof presented by their working places, village committee or residents committee. If one parent is dead or missing, the dead proof or missing proof must be submitted. Besides, the parents of the dead or missing parent have to write their declaration showing that they will not use their priority custody.
5. If the social welfare institutions want to place out the adoptee, they should submit the abandonment proof of the adoptee, the proof of how the adoptee being found and the proof of searching conditions of the parents and Guardians of the adoptee. If the adoptee are orphans, the dead proof of their parents should be needed.
The adoptee should submit materials such as:
Proof of residence and photo;
Physical health check; proof of disability presented by designated medical institutions if the adoptee is disabled.
The expenditure of the above materials is six month.
Process of adoption
To apply (to be accepted):
Both the adopters and the adoptee submit their application to the adoption register agencies.
Check whether the documents and the proofs are complete, standard and valid;
Investigation and query.
Register and give the certification if the applications meet the conditions of the Adoption Law.
Don't register and report the reasons if the applications don't meet the conditions of the Adoption Law.