During the Peach Blossom Festival, Beijingers and expats can head over to the Botanical Gardens to enjoy the variety of white and red flowers. The colorful and elegant variety is enchanting during this time of the year. The principal items of the Botanical Garden Peach Flower Festival are mountain peach and flower peach. At the Botanical Gardens, you can enjoy the sight of Yunlong peach, Spot YeTao, Chrysanthemum peach and so forth. There will be thousands of beautifully colored peach flowers. Its a relaxing venture into a serene place away from the noise of the city.
Peak time of blooming: April to May
Admission: 10 yuan/person during the Beijing peach blossom festival;Ordinary time: 5 yuan/person, 2.5 yuan/student. Big greenhouse: 50 yuan/person, 40 yuan/student. Cao Xueqin Memorial: 10 yuan/adult, 5 yuan/student. Temple of Sleeping Buddha: 5 yuan/person. Package: 55 yuan/person. The seniors of 65 years old and above can visit the Park free with the senior certificates for preferential treatment (excluding the gardens in the park as well as occasions when big events are held).
Add: Wofosi Road, Haidian District, Beijing
How to arrive there:
(1) By Bus 331, 634, 696 or Yuntong 112 to the Beijing Botanic Garden Stop or to the Wofosi Stop, or by Bus 360, 318, 714 or 698 to the Botanic Garden Stop and walk northwards for 200 m.
(2) By Subway Line 1 to the Pingguoyuan Station and then by Bus 318 or by Subway Line 2 to Xizhimen Station and then by Bus 634 at the Exit D.
(3) By Subway Line 2 at the Beijing Railway Station and then by Bus 634 at the Exit D;
(4) From the Beijing West Railway Station: 1. By Bus 374 or 437 to the North Gongzhufen Stop, then by Bus 698 to the Botanic Garden Stop and walk for 200 m northwards; 2. by Bus 319 or 320 to the Xiyuan Stop and then Bus 634, 331 or 696 to the Beijing Botanic Garden Stop or the Wofosi Stop.
By car or taxi:
(1) Fifth Ring Road: drive about 300m towards the Fragrant Hill after passing the Xiangquan Ring Island from the Fragrant Hill exit.
(2) Fourth Ring Road: take an about 10-minute drive towards the Fragrant Hill from the Fragrant Hill exit.
(3) Third Ring Road: drive northwards into the Wanquanhe Expressway from the Suzhou Bridge exit, and then into the North fifth Ring Road from its entrance.