Visa Extension and Renewal

When you obtain a visa from the Chinese visa authorities, you should pay special attention to the validity period and allowed days for staying in China If you need to stay in Beijing beyond the period of validity, you should apply for an extension or renewal of your visa with the visa authorities at least three days prior to the expiry date of the original visa.


The Division of Visa for Foreigners of the Consular Department of the MFA issues new visas for foreigners working for foreign embassies, UN offices or representative offices of other international organizations in China who have entered China on a diplomatic and service visa.


The Foreign Affairs Office of the People’s Government of Beijing Municipal Government issues new visas for other foreigners visiting Beijing on diplomatic. courtesy and service visas The Division of Entry and Exit Administration of the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Public Security issues new visas for foreigners visiting Beijing on ordinary visas


Please Contact Foreign Affairs Office of Beijing Municipal Government

No 2 Zhengyi Lu,Dongcheng District

86 10 6519 2708


Division of Exit and Entry Administration of the Beijing Municipal Bureau of Public Securuty

No 2 Andingmen Dongdajie,Dongcheng District

8610 8402 0101


Useful Tips:

If you apply for a new visa, please check the expiry date of your passport. The Chinese visa authorities do not accept a visa application with an expired passport.

A foreigner does not need to cancel his/her valid single-entry visa when he/she leaves China after completing his/her stay.