X. Foreigners Working in China and Changing an Employer - applying for the Work Permit for Foreigners
1. Application form for Work Permit for Foreigners
After completing the form online and printing it out, the applicant shall sign on it (photocopy or fax), affix the employer's official seal or the official seal of the authorized departments, and upload it to the system. The employer's official seal includes the seal of legal name, and the business-purpose official seals of the foreign affairs institution, personnel institution and labor contract administration institution authorized for filing and registration in the system.
2. Employment contract and job description
The contract in Chinese shall be provided, the applicant shall sign on it and affix with the employer's official seal, and it shall have not been altered. According to China's laws and regulations, it shall be reviewed and approved by the competent industry department in advance. Or, if China's corresponding access-related professional qualification is in place, the approval document issued by the competent industry department or professional qualification certificate shall be provided. If the applicant acts for an institution, the representative card shall be uploaded. Employment contract or certificate of employment (including the dispatch letter from the transnational corporation) shall include the essential content such as working place, job description, pay, working period in China, position and the seal (signature) page. Certificate of employment is applicable for the personnel performing any agreement or treaty between governments and international organizations, the chief representatives and representatives in various representative offices in China, and overseas contract service providers. Dispatch letter is applicable for the circumstances that the head offices of transnational corporations or regional headquarters dispatch senior management or professional technical personnel from overseas to serve in domestic subsidiaries or branch offices, and it shall be issued by the head office of the transnational corporation or the regional headquarters. If essential content is absent in the job description (including the dispatch letter), additional certifying material (affixed with official seal) shall be provided as supplement. In the case that the regional headquarters in China of a transnational corporation dispatch senior management or professional technical personnel from overseas to serve in domestic subsidiaries or branch offices, the dispatch letter and the employment contract signed by the regional headquarters in China shall be submitted. For certifying materials not in Chinese, the translated documents in Chinese are required, which shall be affixed with the employer's official seal.
3. The information page on the applicant’s passport or international travel document and passport or international travel document
The period of validity of passport shall not be less than 6 months.
4. The information page on the valid resident permit held by the applicant
5. Bareheaded and full-faced photo of the applicant taken within the past six months
Bareheaded electronic photo taken recently, with white background, frameless, with complete facial features, and the image shall be clear and free of spots, flaws or ink defects. It shall be made into a JPG document in a size ranged in 40K-120k, with the resolution no lower than 354(W)*472(H) pixel but no higher than 420(W)*560(H), and 24-bit true color. Hats or headscarves are not recommended; if the applicant has to wear it for religious reasons, make sure it does not cover the entire face.
6. Documents on cancellation of the valid work permit that the applicant has ever held
7. Highest degree certificate
(1) If the applicant has not been migrated to the city with the Work Permit for Foreigners, the original, copy and translation (affixed with official seal) of academic degree certificates shall be provided;
(2) In principle, the applicant with the Work Permit for Foreigners is not required to submit the highest degree certificate during application (the certificate can be inquired in the system's historic record).
8. Identification materials (to be provided by category-A talents) of high-end talent
(1) Related certifying materials in accord with the identification conditions shall be provided according to the classification criteria for foreigners working in China.
(2) For certifying materials not in Chinese, the translated documents in Chinese are required, which shall be affixed with the employer's official seal (except for passport or international travel documents).
(3) The materials in electronic version shall also be uploaded to the system.