XV. Applying for Changing the Work Permit for Foreigners in the People's Republic of China
1. Application form for changing the Work Permit for Foreigners
2. Certifying materials for applying for changes
(1) The applicant intending to change the number of passport (international travel document) shall provide the information and visa pages of the new passport (international travel document).
(2) In case of assignment to a new position of the same employer (including promotion from a specialized position to administrative position), the applicant shall provide change application letter and certifying materials. Different requirements (if any) in national laws and regulations shall be observed.
(3) In case of assignment to a new position (profession), the current work permit shall be cancelled and the Work Permit for Foreigners shall be applied again.
(4) In case of any change in the applicant's personal information (such as name, passport number and position), the applicant shall submit an application to the permit deciding agency within 10 working days after the change.
(5) After passing online pre-examination, an appointment should be made in the system. Please go through procedures on site based on the appointment certificate and relevant materials. Foreign high-end talents (category-A) are exempt from appointment and can directly go through procedures on site based on relevant materials.
(6) The originals of all paper materials and Chinese translations shall be uploaded to the system in an electronic manner.
(7) For certifying materials not in Chinese, the translated documents in Chinese are required, which shall be affixed with the employer's official seal (except for passport or international travel documents).
(8) The originals of all materials shall be submitted to the acceptance window for verification. All copies to be submitted shall be affixed with the employer's official seal.
3. Work Permit for Foreigners
(1) Including current valid Foreign Expert Certificate and Foreigner Employment Certificate.
(2) The electronic version shall also be uploaded to the system.