XVII. Applying for Cancelling the Work Permit for Foreigners in the People's Republic of China
1. Form of applying for cancelling the Work Permit for Foreigners in China
(1) After completing the form online and printing it out, the applicant shall sign on it, affix the employer's official seal or the official seal of the authorized departments, and upload it to the system.
(2) The electronic version shall also be uploaded to the system.
2. Employment relationship termination, contract termination or other certifying materials relating to cancellation reasons
(1) Work Permit for Foreigners in China will be automatically cancelled if it is not extended upon expiry of the validity period; if the permit is withdrawn and cancelled and the permit certificate is revoked in accordance with the law, the deciding agency shall cancel them. If the applicant dies, loses his/her civil capacity, early terminate the contract or terminate the employment relationship, the employer shall apply for cancellation to the deciding agency within 10 working days after the occurrence of the event. If the employer is terminated, the applicant may apply for cancelling the work permit to the deciding agency.
(2) Employment relationship and contract termination shall be signed by both parties. In case where the applicant leaves his/her office on his/her own and the employers cannot contact him/her, the employer shall submit cancellation explanations as supplement.
(3) If the applicant leaves his/her office without permission, the employer shall submit the original (affixed with official seal) of notice letter about foreign employee leaving office without permission and the original of statement published on the newspaper.
(4) If the employer is termination in accordance with the law, the form of Applying for Cancelling the Work Permit for Foreigners in China may not be affixed with the employer's official seal, and the employer shall provide relevant materials (such as the original and copy of employer cancellation certificate issued by the industry and commerce department) demonstrating that it is terminated in accordance with the law and thus it cannot apply for cancelling the permit, the Applicant's letter describing permit cancellation (affixed with official seal) and Work Permit for Foreigners.
(5) After passing online pre-examination, an appointment should be made in the system. Please go through procedures on site based on appointment certificate and relevant materials. Foreign high-end talents (category-A) are exempt from appointment and can directly go through procedures on site based on relevant materials.
(6) For certifying materials not in Chinese, the translated documents in Chinese are required, which shall be affixed with the employer's official seal (except for passport or international travel documents).
(7) The originals of all paper materials and Chinese translations shall be uploaded to the system in a color and electronic manner.
(8) The originals of all materials shall be submitted to the acceptance window for verification; foreign high-end talents in the talent program are not required to submit paper materials for verification.
3. Work Permit for Foreigners
Including current valid Foreign Expert Certificate and Foreigner Employment Certificate.