In the Yuan Dynasty Relics Park, Malus micromalus makinokaido crabapple and Malus halliana compete against each other for beauty. A begonia festival is held in every spring here and it is reckoned among the three biggest flower events in Beijing in spring together with the peach blossom festival in the Botanic Park and the cherry blossom festival in the Yuyuantan Park. There is also the Begonia Valley Restaurant with classic courtyards here, where you can drink wine while enjoying the beauty of the flowers.
Time of enjoying the beauty of the flowers: early to mid April every year
Add: Begonia Valley area in Scenic Spot 3 of the Yuan Dynasty Relics Park
How to arrive there:
1. By Bus 941, 21, 734, small 73, or 849 at Jiandemenwai Bridge
2. By Bus 734, 941, 849, small 73 or 21 at Beichen Road (Panda Ring Island)
3. By Bus 921, 941, 409, 380, small 73 or 702 at Anzhen Xili
4. By Bus 921, 104, 117, 108, 409 or small 73 at Wuluju
5. By Bus 422 or Yuntong 101 at Yinghua Xijie
6. By Bus 361, 422, 119, 62, 847 or Yuntong 201 at China-Japan Friendship Hospital
7. By Bus 361, 422, 119, 62, 847 or Yuntong 201 at China-Japan Friendship Hospital
Opening and close time of the park: 5:00-22:00
Service in the park: self-service inquiries, emergency service & risks prevention, wheelchairs, crutches, barrier-free lavatories, ramps, telephone booths, self-service inquiries, and clinic.
Recommendation of surrounding scenic spots: Beijing Olympic Green Park, China Nationalities Park
Recommendation of surrounding delicacies: Duck King Roast Duck Restaurant, Yijinyuan Restaurant, Taishuxi Restaurant