Appendix II: Beijing's New Entry and Exit Policy for Foreign Talents
Several Measures on Deepening the Reform of Talent Management in Zhongguancun and Constructing a Talent-attracting and Talent-using Mechanism with International Competitiveness
"Several Measures" put forward a total of 20 policies, mainly covering four aspects:
"Ten new policies" for the entry and exit of foreign talents in the Further Opening-up Comprehensive Pilot Demonstration Zone of Beijing's Service Industry (Chaoyang, Shunyi)
1. Foreign high-level talents and their spouses and minor children in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration zones who meet the accreditation criteria may apply directly for permanent residence in China upon the recommendation of Beijing Municipal Commission of Commerce.
2. Establish a service hall for foreigners in Chaoyang and Shunyi demonstration zones to provide one-stop services such as new policy consultation, application acceptance and certificate issuance.
3. For foreign high-level talents applying for permanent residence in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zones, the examination and approval process shall be accelerated. The Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau shall complete the examination and approval within 50 days after accepting the application, and the Ministry of Public Security shall complete the examination and approval within 40 days after receiving the examination and approval documents.
4. Foreign members of the entrepreneurial team in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zones, as well as foreign managerial and technical personnel selected by enterprises, who have completed the work permit, can apply for a work visa to enter the country at the arrival port; if they have not had time to process the work permit, they can enter the country with the invitation letter issued by the leader of the entrepreneurial team or the applicant of the enterprise at the arrival port.
5. Foreign members of the entrepreneurial team in Chaoyang and Shunyi industrial Demonstration Zones and foreign managerial and technical personnel (not subject to the age limit of 60 years) selected by the enterprise may apply directly for a 5-year valid work-related residence permit with work permit and an employer's guarantee letter upon entry; if the foreign members of the entrepreneurial team fail to apply for a work permit, they can apply for a five-year valid private affairs-related residence permit with the guarantee letter from the team leader (note "entrepreneurship").
6. Foreign members of the venture team in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zone and foreign technical talents selected by the enterprise can apply for permanent residence in China if they reach a certain score according to the points evaluation standard for foreign talents. Beijing Municipal Bureau of Public Security, in conjunction with relevant departments, will formulate a points evaluation system, which will be implemented after being submitted to the Ministry of Public Security for approval.
7. Foreign Chinese who start businesses in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zones (not subject to the age limit of 60 years) can apply for 5-year valid work-related residence permits directly with their work permits and employer guarantee letters, or for 5-year valid private affairs-related residence permits directly with their business plan (note "entrepreneurship").
8. Foreign Chinese employed in enterprises in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zones may directly apply for permanent residence in China if they have a doctoral degree or have worked in enterprises in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zones for four consecutive years and have actually resided in China for not less than six months each year.
9. Foreign students from overseas colleges and universities invited by enterprises in Chaoyang and Shunyi demonstration zones to come for internship, which have been filed by the entry and exit administration agencies of Beijing public security organs, may apply to the port visa authorities for short-term private affairs visas (note " internship") to enter for internship activities. Those who enter the country with other types of visas can also apply for a short-term personal visa (note "internship") to carry out internship activities.
10. Foreign students studied in any universities in Beijing can apply to add "entrepreneurship" to their study residence permits with the consent of and recommendation letter issued by their universities, and then allowed to carry out part-time business activities in Chaoyang and Shunyi Demonstration Zones.