Dog Ownership Regulations for Diplomatic Personnel and Their Families in China
Diplomatic personnel shall observe the regulations described in "City of Beijing Dog Ownership Regulations." Diplomatic personnel and their families can register their pet dog for the first time or annually free of charge at the No.12 Counter in the second floor Reception Hall, Beijing Public Security Exit and Entry Management Department.
Registration of pet dogs should be completed within 30 days of arrival in China if the animal is brought into the country, or within 30 days if the dog is purchased in China. Present the following when registering your dog for the first time:
1. Diplomatic ID (original and photocopy of ID and passport)
2. A note from the diplomatic agency, indicating the status and address of the dog owner and basic information about the dog)
3. A permission note from the property management or security office allowing dog ownership on the residential property, if the dog will be kept outside the diplomatic compound or grounds.
4. Most recent vaccination certificate of the dog.
5. Two one-inch frontal photos of the dog.
Present the following during annual registration renewal:
1. Current dog ownership permit.
2. Diplomatic ID (original and photocopy of ID and passport)
3. Most recent vaccination certificate of the dog.
Changes to the permit:
1. If the status and address of the dog owner changes, a new permit must be applied for. The previous permit must be turned in to our office.
2. If the owner and pet dog leave China, or the dog is given to someone else, or dies, the original permit must be turned in to our office.
3. If permit is lost, a new permit must be applied for with a note from the diplomatic agency indicating the situation under which the permit was lost.
For information, call: 84015327
Foreigners living in Beijing shall observe the regulations described in "City of Beijing Dog Ownership Regulations."