Tips on Preventing a Cold
In late winter and early spring, when the temperature changes greatly in the day and night, people may easily catch a cold. The most effective and healthy way to deal with a cold is to enhance the immunity of the body with nutritional meals in the daily diet.
To enhance the body immunity:
1. Do constant physical exercises such as: walking, jogging, mountain-climbing, playing ball or martial arts. Physical exercise can help your body enhance the function of cold-resistance and prevent a cold.
2. Have sufficient sleep which is a basic and most crucial hygienic body requirement. If you feel that you are about to catch a disease, you should ensure that you find sufficient time to have a rest.
3. Never exhaust your body since fatigue will weaken the body and make it easy to be attacked by the cold virus.
4. Never accumulate pressure since pressure will have a negative effect on your body and therefore, if you often stay in a good mood, you will find it less possible to catch a cold.
5. Take care of the indoor temperature and humidity. The indoor temperature should be maintained between 18-20¡æ, while the humidity should be 70%. If the indoor temperature is too high, it will affect your body's resistance to disease, and thus the indoor temperature should be adjusted properly. Also, humidifiers or wet towels can be used to increase the indoor humidity in case the air is too dry because in an environment of high humidity, the virus becomes inactive, and consequently its infection is weakened. In addition, another way to aid in preventing a virus is to open a window for fresh air at a regular time everyday.