I Applicant Eligibility
Foreign correspondents who make short trip to China on reporting tasks.
II Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completing the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with black ink or sign pen, attached with a recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. For J2 visa holders, official certification letter issued by the Information Department of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Foreign Affairs Office of Beijing Municipal Government, the Hong Kong & Macao Office and the Taiwan Office of the State Council shall be submitted, which shall give every detail of the applicant’s travel to China and all information provided shall be true and correct.
5. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.
Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1. The J2 visa holders could apply for an extension with validity of no longer than 30 days.
2. The extension of a current J2 visa is only valid for the latest entry and does not affect the number of entries or the validity on the original visa.
Ⅳ Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview.
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.
3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
4. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-Entry Administration Department consider it necessary.
5. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.
(For reference only)
(source: Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)