I Applicant Eligibility
1. Foreign high level and exceptional ability talents who are in urgent need of China.
2. Foreign high level talents certified by Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Foreign Experts Affairs or Human Resources and Social Security authorities of Beijing Municipal government.
3. Senior industry professionals who are employed by the enterprises certified by science and technology authority of Beijing Municipal Government.
II Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completing the VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with black ink or sign pen, attached with a recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant obtained from local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Certification letter from the host and inviting organization shall be submitted, which shall give every detail of the applicant’s travel to China and all information provided shall be true and correct.
5. Other supporting documents shall be provided:
a. Certification materials in accordance with the introduction condition and requirement of foreign high-level and exceptional ability talents in urgent need of China determined by competent department of Chinese government.
b. Certificate of foreign high level talent issued by the following authorities: Organization Ministry of CPC Central Committee, Ministry of Human Resources and Social Security, State Bureau of Foreign Experts Affairs, Organization Department of Beijing Municipal Party Committee, Foreign Experts Affairs or Human Resources and Social Security authorities of Beijing Municipal government, and invitation letter from the local host organization.
c. Provide the employment contract and Guarantee Letter from the employment enterprise which is certified by Beijing Municipal Science and Technology Commission.
6. Other supporting materials that the Exit-Entry Administration Department may require.
Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1. The current R visa holders could apply for an extension with validity of no longer than 180 days.
2. Non-R-visa-holders could apply for an R visa renewal with the validity of less than 1 year, the stay duration of less than 180 days and various numbers of entries from zero to multiple. However the accumulative duration of stay with the renewed visa could not exceed 1 year from the date of the latest entry of China.
3. The extension of a current R visa is only valid for the latest entry and does not affect the number of entries or the validity on the original visa. The accumulated term of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay which is specified on the visa.
Ⅳ Points for Attention
1. The applicant shall go through a face-to-face interview. However, in case the applicants are aged above 60, or inconvenient to travel due to disability, or high level and exceptional ability talents qualified as much-needed of the state, the host organization or a particular service agency can submit the application on behalf of the applicant (a copy of the trustee’s ID is required). Nonetheless, if the Exit-Entry Administration Department notifies the applicant that an interview is necessary, the applicant must go through the interview personally.
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.
3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
4. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-Entry Administration Department consider it necessary.
5. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.
(For reference only)
(source: Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)