Instructions on Application for Tourist (L) Visa Extension for Foreigners
Inbound foreign tourists
II. Supporting Documents and Relative Requirement
1. Valid passport or other international travel documents.
2. Completely filled VISA / STAY PERMIT / RESIDENCE PERMIT APPLICATION FORM with recent half-length, white background, bareheaded, full-faced 2-inch color photo. Please fill in the application form in black ink or sign pen.
3. Valid accommodation registration of the applicant provided by the local police station or hotel of present residence.
4. Applicants for a Tourist (L) visa shall provide their travel itineraries, which should contain detailed information about the applicant’s stay in China.
5. Group travelers shall provide a proof document by a Beijing travel agency. The proof document should explain relevant information about the group travelers and arrangements should the visa has to be extended.
6. Other supporting materials that the Exit And Entry Administration Department requires.
Ⅲ Timeline for Application
1. The applicant can apply for an extension of no longer than 30 days. The accumulated length of extension shall not exceed the original duration of stay specified in the visa.
2. The extension for a longer duration of L visa is only valid for this referred entry and does not affect the entry times and period of validity of the original visa.
Ⅳ Points for Attention
1. Applicants will be required to accept a face-to-face interview.
2. For the above-stated materials, the original documents need to be verified, and submit the copies.
3. Any application materials in foreign language (except English) should be translated into Chinese by qualified translation Company before submission.
4. Applicant who doesn’t nullify cancel China's household registration should apply after the cancellation of household registration. The relevant cancellation certificate issued by local police station of the registration shall be submitted if the Exit-entry Administration Department consider it necessary.
5. Foreigners under 18 who submit the application for the first time in China must submit their birth certificates, passports of parents and overseas residence certification.
6. Relevant rules please refer to No. 23 Notice of the Regulations on Foreigners’ Visa Application.
(For reference only)
(source: Beijing Municipal Public Security Bureau)